I’m Writing this Post Instead of Painting Miniatures

Not much to report in this update, really. I finished off my Haramaki Zensenbutai (the box, I’ve still got the blister with the model armed with the missile launcher to do) and had intended to knock off my remaining two Special Project Karakuri as well, but I didn’t. Otherwise I’ve mostly been writing tabletop RPG things. I’ve written three Shadowrun 5e runs in the past couple of weeks, they’re pretty much complete. We also had our second D&D 5e session on the weekend and we all agreed it was the best D&D session we’d had in a long time (possibly even better than the two Warhammer Fantasy RP sessions we’ve done recently) and I’ve been working on that campaign following the session. I shan’t recap the session here, but I might consider putting up some D&D related things at some point.

Haramaki Zensenbutai


Above we have all four Haramaki side by side, in the order they appear on the box art. I touched up the first model a little after posting images of her in my last post following a realisation that the piping on the models actually covers the sides of their stomachs.


And here we have close ups of models 2, 3 and 4. I’m pretty pleased with how they all turned out. I’m still not convinced they’re my best work, but they do look good on the table and they are painted with a very simple colour scheme. Pants are German Grey over which I painted German Field Grey. Armour is Dead White, red bits (helmet, inside part of shoulder pads) are Bloody Red, piping on body, arms, back and legs is watered down Black over the White Primer basecoat.

Not really much more to say today. I’ve still got a pile of miniatures to paint, the remaining two Special Project Karakuri being the next in line. I’ve also got a few more models for my Ariadna on the way, when they arrive I doubt I’ll be purchasing any more Infinity models for quite some time, new releases not withstanding.

As much as I’d like to get some more Infinity terrain done, my lack of shelving in the garage means I’m flat out of storage space. So until I’ve got that sorted (best case scenario, two to three weeks, I shan’t hold my breath), I’m not keen to commit to any work for lack of a place to put it. When the shelving is done though, I’m actually more interested in getting my Flames of War North Africa terrain done and finishing a full 1800×1200 worth of terrain for Bolt Action.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s