So I wasn’t as productive on the weekend as I had hoped, primarily because I decided to prioritise a social life above being a hermit, which is a real pain when you’ve plenty of miniatures to paint and terrain to build! I did, however, glue my tree trunks into their bases. I didn’t get around to using wood putty to make the round balsa look more like an actual trunk though. I’ll post about these at some later date when they’re done, or nearer to being done perhaps.
The other thing I did was paint a couple of Norman Knights.
I’m pretty pleased with the results, the miniatures are really easy to paint and look great as I have mentioned previously.
Only having to position the lower arms gives just as much variation of poses as positioning the arm as a whole, and the various mounts are all in great poses. I’m also pleased with my purchase of grass tufts for these models. I’ve been meaning to buy some for a while and I picked up a heap the other day off eBay from a user named leadbear. He hand makes the grass tufts locally (that is, here in South Australia). If you’re in Australia you should check them out, $8 for 160, 4mm high, various colours, plus some various styles (like the leafy tufts) that are a little more: http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/leadbear
I’m not really sure what I’ll be working on over the next week. Probably more Norman knights, though I also undercoated my Soviet blisters. This weekend we look set for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd Ed), but I’ll see about doing some work on those trees. Till then, happy wargaming!